- The 2019 PATH Summer Academy online application will go live in Spring 2019; however, students must first be accepted to UC San Diego before they can apply. Students are encouraged to apply to PATH as soon as they accept their offer of admission from UC San Diego and submit their SIR (Statement of Intent to Register). For information on applying to transfer to UC San Diego, click here.
SUMMER ACADEMY DATES:
- Orientation Dinner: Sunday, June 30th, 2019
- Academy: July 1st – August 3rd, 2019, in Summer Session 1.
Everyone enrolled to the 2019 PATH Academy will take:
- MUS 150—Jazz and the Music of the African Diaspora – taught by Professor David Borgo
- LITC 165—Special Topics: The Politics of Food – taught by Professor Stephanie Jed
There are zero out-of-pocket expenses for students. Tuition, fees, books, on-campus housing, parking, and dining dollars are all provided to students. In addition, students will receive a $3,000 stipend for attending the entirety of the program. Full participation in all aspects of the Summer Academy is expected and participants will be required to sign a contract before participating in the program.
Students accepted into the Summer Academy will be required to sign a contract, confirming their commitment to the program and promising to adhere to the rules. The contract draft will be available to view in Spring 2019.
Students in the program are offered the opportunity to live on-campus in dorm housing during the 5-week program. On-campus living is strongly encouraged and provides more opportunities to connect with peers in the program, learn the campus and feel better prepared for fall. Housing information will be provided to students after acceptance into the program.
Students will be given a set amount of Dining Dollars during the program that can be used at several markets and dining halls on campus; the specific amount will be provided at the orientation dinner. Students will be responsible for budgeting the funds appropriately during the academy. Food will also be provided during certain activities and workshops.
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES:
If you are a student with a disability (physical, chronic health, learning, mental health, ADHD, etc.) who may need accommodations in classrooms (lecture and/or examination), labs, housing and/or dining, recreational activities such as hiking, ropes, field sports, etc., please contact the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) at 858.534.4382 as soon as you become aware that the condition may impact your ability to participate in our programs. Additional information may be found here.
CONTACTS FOR NEW STUDENTS:
- Admissions: (858) 534-4831
- Financial Aid & Scholarship Office: (858) 534-4480
- Housing: (858) 534-4010
- New Student Gateway
- Parents & Families
Peer mentors play a significant part in the PATH Summer Academy program. Each student is assigned a peer mentor (a previous PATH transfer student) who they will meet with weekly during the program to gain new information about campus, ask questions and check-in with. The 2019 Mentors are a fantastic group and look forward to meeting you all! Details and bio’s of each mentor coming soon.