Students must be:
- Transferring from San Diego City College, San Diego Mesa College, or San Diego Miramar College
- Accepted into UC San Diego and submitting their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) to UC San Diego.
- Majoring in Arts & Humanities. Unfortunately, minors are not eligible.
|Art History, Theory and Criticism||History||Literature||Speculative Design|
NOTE: While history is considered a social science at SDCCD, it is a humanities major at UC San Diego.
APPLYING TO THE SUMMER ACADEMY
The 2018 Summer Academy online application will go live on March 20, 2018; however, students must first be accepted to UC San Diego before they can apply. Transfer student admission notices are expected to be sent out in April. Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they accept their offer of admission from UC San Diego and submit their SIR (Statement of Intent to Register). For information on applying to transfer to UC San Diego, click here.
Here is a preview of the short answer questions to be asked on the PATH Summer Academy application:
- Which SDCCD college would you consider your home campus? At which SDCCD college have you taken the most units at? Have you taken honors classes at SDCCD, if yes, what classes?
- Tell us your story (300 words or fewer)
- What factors contributed to your decision to choose UC San Diego over another institution? (200 words or fewer)
- 1 Letter of recommendation from 1 SDCCD faculty member (300 words or fewer)
- Sign on as a Student SSO* using your: Single Sign-On User ID/PID and password
- Click on PATH Summer Academy in Arts and Humanities checkbox.
- Complete the application
*note: you will be able to obtain your PID, UCSD email and password once you Accept Your Offer of Admission. Upon accepting Your offer of Admission, you will receive an email from Information Technology Services with clear instructions on how to obtain UCSD email, PID and password with a link to the Triton Checklist.
Students will be notified of acceptance to the Academy starting mid-June 2018
If you are a student with a disability (physical, chronic health, learning, mental health, ADHD, etc.) who may need accommodations in classrooms (lecture and/or examination), labs, housing and/or dining, recreational activities such as hiking, ropes, field sports, etc., please contact the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) at 858.534.4382 as soon as you become aware that the condition may impact your ability to participate in our programs. Additional information may be found at https://disabilities.ucsd.edu/about/index.html.