Home Forums Reading and Reactions Week 2: Choosing a Research Question

This topic contains 21 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  PHILIP HAIRE 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

A meme denoting one of the following: (1) Something that surprised you, (2) A question you have for the class, (3) A new word of phrase you found interesting, (4) A question or conundrum that the reading raises related to the ongoing class study. Your reaction must by 10am the day of class.

Maxwell, J. A. (2012). <i>Qualitative research design: An interactive approach</i> (Vol. 41) (pp 14-24). Sage publications.

Available on TritonEd

JAMES FURUKAWA
    Participant

yay

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JAMES FURUKAWA
    Participant

oops! Meant to post this for the previous post — by the way, is this post’s meme due April 4th? Or is it for week 2, considering TritonEd says its reading is for week 2?

Hi James – good question and good catch. This thread is for the reading due on April 9th. I’ve fixed the topic header.

LANCE WONG
    Participant

Something I learned on how to develop research questions

Attachments:

MEGAN NGUYEN
    Participant

something that surprised me

Attachments:

Maya Rosal
    Participant

something that surprised me: the extent to which personal thoughts affect qualitative research

Attachments:

Sunny Lin
    Participant

something that surprised me: different purposes have to be considered as a good/worth researching research question is being developed

Attachments:

TU THAI
    Participant

A little bit salty but here it is, what I found interesting about this chapter 

Julissa Ruiz
    Participant

A question or conundrum that the reading raises related to the ongoing class study:

I find myself guilty of focusing too much on the person and not enough on data relevancy. It is always good to find that balance for the sake of both humanizing informants and making your research valid.

Attachments:

BRIDGET FERNANDEZ
    Participant

(3) A new word of phrase I found interesting

Attachments:

MCKENNA ROUDEBUSH
    Participant

I appreciated learning about how causal relationships are determined through qualitative research.  It surprised me because up until now most of my research background has been focused on how quantitative research draws the strongest causal relationships.

MARITZA ORNELAS
    Participant

I enjoyed the emphasis on identifying the different layers of our personalized approach when designing a study. It also reminded me of people who indulge in personal purpose at the expense of others:

AASIYA AHMED
    Participant

Something that surprised me: There are 3 different purposes for doing research personal, practical, and research purpose and usually your personal purpose overlaps with your practical and research purposes.

Attachments:

ALMA MARQUEZ
    Participant

Something that surprised me

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.