Data from the Rancho Bernardo Study of Healthy Aging (RBS) is being made available through a grant from the National Institute of Aging (grant number AG054067).
Despite careful attention to best data entry and curation practices, there may be mistakes in the data. Users are advised to check variables carefully prior to analyses.
Data supplied through this site may be updated periodically, without notice.
Data provided here have been harmonized across visits. Questions and methods may have differed slightly across visits.
When research participants in the Rancho Bernardo Study of Healthy Aging (RBS) consented to be in the study, they agreed to reveal information about themselves and others under the condition that this information would remain confidential. Although the data being released do not contain direct identifiers, there is still some risk of breach of confidentiality. By accessing these data files, you agree:
- to make no attempt to identify individual participants and to ensure that the data you receive is maintained in a secure manner in accordance with your institution’s regulations and policies for safeguarding confidential information.
- to not share the data with anyone who has not agreed to the terms in this data use policy.
- to use the data solely for research or teaching purposes, and not for commercial purposes.
- to notify Rancho Bernardo Study of any uses or disclosures of these data in violation of any part of this agreement.
- to acknowledge the source of the RBS data and the funding agencies in all publications. You will include the following statement in all publications:
Data collection for the Rancho Bernardo Study of Healthy Aging was provided primarily by the National Institutes of Health (including grant numbers: HV012160, AA021187, AG028507, AG007181, DK31801, HL034591, HS06726 and HL089622). Archiving and sharing of RBS data was supported by AG054067. RBS data is available through the RBS website: https://knit.ucsd.edu/ranchobernardostudy/