On May 9th our class visited Chicano Park in Barrio Logan. It was an incredible and unique experience. Growing up in San Diego I visited Chicano Park multiple times. However, Wednesdays trip was different because I visited the park with a different set of eyes. I no longer just saw Chicano Park as a park with nice painting but now I see Chicano Park as a part of my history, a symbol of rebellion and social justice. Knowing the history of the park and understanding what it symbolizes to the community has made me realized what the park means to me. While visiting the park on Wednesday I realized how much I undervalued it growing up even when I was older and I knew more about its importance to our community. Seeing the murals I saw myself and a lot of the people around me in them. I identify with some of the portraits. I not only saw myself but I saw my community which is something very rare. We are mostly underrepresented in every aspect in society (education, professional jobs, tv, etc). Just seeing that we have a place of representation and a place that we can call ours is something very important to me because no matter what happens (Barrio Logan gentrification) we will continue to be there because that park will stay standing. Chicano Park Day will continue to exist and the people of the barrio will continue to fight for their community and spaces that belong to them.