My art project is a painting based on my interview with Danny Blas. Danny is a former president of Che’lu and teaches history. This painting symbolizes Danny’s life journey. While he was born on an Air Force base in the midwest, his family moved back to Guam when he was only a year old, and he grew up on the island until the third grade. This was a happy time for Danny, surrounded by friends, family, good food, and music, and is represented in the painting by the bright green island of Guam in blue waters in the upper left. When he was in 3rd grade, Danny’s family moved to Illinois, and he later attended college in Chicago where he got into the punk rock scene. This part of Danny’s life is represented by the nighttime city, interesting but also perhaps bewildering or disconcerting. After college, Danny worked in marketing, and eventually took a job in San Diego, where he would ultimately become a teacher and community leader. This is represented by the bright yellow beach and the darker, colder Pacific off the San Diego coast. It was only my second time making a proper painting, so I can’t vouch for the quality, but I very much enjoyed the process.