Art Project

Art Project

My art project was focused on the communication that underpins community. In my interview with Huda she stressed a communal mind over the indvidualistic mind. We spoke about how conversations need to happen if community will ever be realized and expanded. For my art project I decided to put as many people in conversation as I could. My exhibit was (and is) interactive, and I asked all viewers to contribute to it. Huda and I began by starting 3 collaborative poems. At the art exhibition at UCSD I asked the guests to contribute their thoughts to the poems by using the keyboard on my laptop. Below is the blurb which contained an explanation and instructions for the art project. Underneath these is to view the actual project, which you are welcome to contribute to. Pay special attention to the “see all changes” feature on google docs, which will show you the construction of these poems in real time.

_________

NOTE: THIS EXHIBIT IS INTERACTIVE. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND VIEW/FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. THANK YOU.

INSTRUCTIONS: THESE POEMS WERE CREATED IN COLLABORATION BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE. PLEASE TREAT THIS DOCUMENT AS YOURS (ALL 3 POEMS). FILL THEM IN, AND CHANGE THEM, AND REVISE THEM ACCORDINGLY. ALL CHANGES WILL BE SAVED, AND WILL EFFECTIVELY CREATE A CONVERSATION WHEN VIEWED TOGETHER. THANK YOU!!!

_________

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P8nHcWcIbGfElWHyCBoYwCNAajAUtep5flQwkQ7BvFM/edit?usp=sharing