Creating a group on KNIT is a great way to facilitate communication for distributed, campus-based groups such as research groups, courses, committees, or special interest groups. KNIT groups have the following features:
- Online group forum where members can post and reply to topics
- Email notifications of group activity; user can choose how often to receive notifications
- “Reply By Email” functionality for easy communication with the group
- Groups can be public, private, or hidden
- Groups can be associated with a KNIT website (so as to notify group members of new website content or to allow group members to post to the website)
[ultimate-faqs include_category=’groups’ ]
This FAQ was adopted from the FAQ on The CUNY Academic Commons, made possible by their generous Creative Commons licensing.