Those of you interested in Citizen Science – register for the webinar on 10 June “Citizen Science At Universities: Trends, Guidelines and Recommendations”. To attend the webinar, please, register here.
ABOUT THE WEBINAR:
A number of European recommendations – including the League of European Research Universities (LERU)’s advice paper “Citizen Science at Universities: Trends, Guidelines and Recommendations” – highlight the importance of creating a single point of contact for citizen science within the institution.
In this webinar, organised by LIBER`s Citizen Science Working Group, four speakers will share what they are doing to devise just the right solution through a three-fold approach:
- Current trends within Citizen Science at universities;
- A template for a Citizen Science Single Contact Point which your institution could start developing;
- A snapshot of the forthcoming Research Librarian’s Guide to Citizen Science and the possible roles research libraries could adopt to move the citizen science activities forward.
Examples of UC San Diego Citizen Science Programs, Initiatives, and Resources
- Call for Citizen Scientists to Contribute to COVID-19 Studies
- Citizen Science and the Fishes of La Jolla
- Citizen Science Program
- San Diego Citizen Science Network
- UC San Diego Library Citizen Science Research Guide
For UC San Diego researchers and citizen scientists interested in collecting, curating, preserving, and communicating the data you produce – contact the UC San Diego Library Scholarly Communications and Research Data Curation Program.