The following is a list of items to check when the TAs/Faculty are reviewing the student’s blog posts. This should be carried out before the blog posted is posted online and made publicly available.
- Title: “[first name of interviewee] [last name of interviewee] Oral History”
- Order: Use this order for the blog post:
- Oral history description (synopsis)
- Audio file
- Oral history transcript
- Featured image: Check to see if the featured image was uploaded correctly under the Post section. There should only be a featured image if the interviewee agreed to having an image.
- Check the Post info and Author Info at the bottom of the post to see if the student’s name/image appears and the categories are displaying correctly.
- Categories: Check for the appropriate categories.
- For Academic Year, check for the box that corresponds to the current academic term.
- For Community Partners, check for the box that corresponds to the organization name.
- For Course Assignments, check that the “Oral Histories” box is the only one checked.
- Themes: Check that the corresponding themes that align with the oral history interview topics.
- Review the content for anything potentially sensitive.
Then you can publish the post!
For the submission
The filenames should be in this format:
- Audio: LastnameFirstname_Date(4-digit year, 2-digit month, 2-digit day)_Interview#_File# (for interviews with more than one part)
For example, FloresSylvia_2020-04-29_01.mp4
- [LastnameFirstname of the interviewee]-transcript.pdf
- [LastnameFirstname of the interviewee]-form.pdf
- [LastnameFirstname of the interviewee]-image.jpg*
*If the interviewee has provided an image and is okay having it posted on the Race & Oral History website with the interview.
Leave a Reply