Follow these instructions to start using the Race and Oral History website.
Getting access to the website
1. Signup for KNIT using your Active Directory credentials at https://knit.ucsd.edu/
*Trouble? Make sure you are using your Active Directory credential and not your PID. Your Active Directory credential is typically the first part of your UCSD email rather than your entire email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) and your email password.
2. Once logged in, go to the group page by click the button “request membership.”
3. Once I approve, you should be able to view the private site here: https://knit.ucsd.edu/rohp/
Posting on the website
1. Navigate to the website here: https://knit.ucsd.edu/rohp/. Make sure you are logged in.
2. Hover your cursor over the “+New” menu item in the top menu bar. Select “post” in the options.
3. You should now be directed to the text editor. Fill out the editor with a title and the text of your post. When you are finished, click the blue “publish” button in the upper right.
4. For more detailed instructions about posts, see https://www.codeinwp.com/blog/wordpress-gutenberg-guide/.
Adding your interview to a post
Media files (such as MP3s) can be added by dragging and dropping the file into the text editor or by adding a “block.”
Please note, that WAV files are too big to post to the website. If your recording device produces a WAV file, you’ll need to change the file into an MP3. For more detailed instructions on this process, see my post here.