The 2019 PATH Summer Academy proved 3rd times the charm!
- Students: 33 from all three colleges in the SDCCD
- Majors: 1 Dance, 6 History, 1 Japanese Studies, 1 Music, 6 Literature/Writing, 3 Literatures in English, 1 Spanish Literature, 1 World Literature and Culture, 1 Study of Religion, 5 Philosophy, 3 Theatre, 4 Visual Arts
- Mentors: 6 mentors, all former PATH students
- Courses: MUS 150—Jazz and the Music of the African Diaspora – taught by Professor David Borgo, LTCS 165—The Politics of Food – taught by Professor Stephanie Jed
- Field Trips: Kayaking, Strauss Art Tour, Farm Tours, Dizzy’s Jazz Event
- Workshops: Library Tour, Career Center, SMART Goals, Transfer Year Experience, Digital Commons, CAPS, Panel workshop featuring campus representatives from Academic Internship Program, Academic Enrichment Programs, Teaching & Learning Commons, Study Abroad, Analytical Writing Program and Financial Aid
- Activities: Scavenger Hunt, Game night, 2 Study Jam Sessions, Zine making, Stuart Art Collection Tour, Night at The La Jolla Playhouse, Coffee with a professor
- Housing: Students stayed in the dorms in Revelle College
- Schedule: July 1 – August 2, 2019. Classes held from 8-10:50am on Monday/Wednesday and 11-1:50pm on Tuesday/Thursday, with workshops held following classes on most Monday’s and Wednesdays. Friday was unscheduled free time for meeting with advisers, faculty and mentors.