ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR THE PATH SUMMER ACADEMY?
- BE TRANSFERRING FROM CITY, MESA, or MIRAMAR
- HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED TO UC SAN DIEGO. UC San Diego acceptance notices are typically sent in late April-May each spring for transfer students.
- HAVE A MAJOR or MINOR WITHIN ARTS & HUMANITIES AT UC SAN DIEGO Minors are not eligible for Summer 2021.
HAVEN’T APPLIED TO UC SAN DIEGO YET? CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION.
** Deadline Extended** ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY TUESDAY, JUNE 22, 2021, AT LATEST. EARLY SUBMISSIONS ARE ENCOURAGED.
HOW TO APPLY
IF YOU DON’T HAVE YOUR UC SAN DIEGO STUDENT ID (PID) YET…
- Accept the offer of admission from UC San Diego by the deadline on June 1, 2021.
- Wait 3 business days to be added to the system.
- After 3 days, go to tritonchecklist.ucsd.edu, click “first time user” on the right side. You will be asked to provide your UC application ID, date of birth, city of birth and e-mail address used on your application. Once you are authenticated, you will be provided your PID (student ID number) and have the ability to create a password.
ONCE YOU HAVE YOUR UC SAN DIEGO STUDENT ID (PID)…
- Click link to apply: PATH Summer Academy
- Log-in to the single sign-on with your new PID and password
- Click on the PATH Summer Academy, once on the Kuali Build dashboard
- Make sure to answer all of the questions and click submit. If you do not click submit, your application will still be in the draft stage
ESSAY QUESTIONS ON THE APPLICATION:
- Which SDCCD campus do you consider to be your home campus, where you have taken the most units? (City, Mesa or Miramar)
- Have you taken honors courses at City, Mesa or Miramar? If yes, which classes?
- Tell us about yourself and your personal story.
- What factors influenced your decision to study Arts and Humanities at UC San Diego?
- Why are you interested in the PATH Summer Academy? What specific components interest you the most?
- Please provide the name, title and email of a professor at City, Mesa or Miramar College that knows you well and can speak to your character. Please include 1-2 sentences explaining how you know this professor.
ACCEPTANCE FOR PATH SUMMER ACADEMY
The program accepts up to 30 students for the Summer Academy.
- Students will be notified of their acceptance via e-mail in the days following the application deadline, and will need to click the link in the email to confirm they plan to attend the PATH Summer Academy.
- Following the acceptance email, students will receive a checklist of tasks and forms and will have limited time to complete and return to program organizers. The turnaround time is quick so we can meet internal deadlines and make last preparations for the program.
- E-mails will be sent by Roxann Bedia (email@example.com) with reminders of required forms and deadlines, and to share more information about what to expect in the week(s) leading up to the program.
OFFICE FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
If you are a student with a disability (physical, chronic health, learning, mental health, ADHD, etc.) who may need accommodations in classrooms (lecture and/or examination), labs, housing and/or dining, recreational activities such as hiking, ropes, field sports, etc., please contact the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) at 858.534.4382 as soon as you become aware that the condition may impact your ability to participate in our programs.
Additional information may be found at https://disabilities.ucsd.edu/about/index.html.
Veteran/CalVet Education Benefits
If you are a Military Affiliated student receiving Federal Veteran Affairs (VA) or Cal Vet assistance during the summer and would like to request more information, please contact the Student Veteran Benefits Coordinator, Lisa Linares at (858) 534-0477 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please visit: https://students.ucsd.edu/finances/financial-aid/types/veterans/federal-benefits.html