APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN FOR THE 2023 PATH SUMMER ACADEMY! Click here.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR THE PATH SUMMER ACADEMY?
- BE A TRANSFER STUDENT FROM CITY, MESA, or MIRAMAR
- BE ACCEPTED TO UC SAN DIEGO. Transfer acceptances are typically sent in late April-May
- HAVE A MAJOR THAT FALLS WITHIN THE SCHOOL OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES AT UC SAN DIEGO
HAVEN’T APPLIED TO UC SAN DIEGO YET? LEARN MORE ABOUT TRANSFER ADMISSIONS HERE.
HOW DO I APPLY TO THE PATH SUMMER ACADEMY?
- ACCEPT YOUR OFFER OF ADMISSION in the applicant portal at https://beatriton.ucsd.edu by June 1, 2023.
- You must be accepted to UC San Diego and plan to attend/accept your admission, to be able to apply for the PATH Summer Academy, so this is the first step!
- SET-UP YOUR UC SAN DIEGO USERNAME AND PASSWORD (Need Help? Look here)
- You will receive an email with instructions within 48 hours of accepting your offer
- Go to the Enrollment Checklist – https://beatriton.ucsd.edu/apply/status and create your ‘TritonLink Active Directory Account.’
- Make note of your PID (Student ID Number) once you have been provided with it. You will be asked for this number throughout your enrollment at UC San Diego.
- ACTIVATE YOUR UC SAN DIEGO EMAIL ACCOUNT
- Log onto the Enrollment Checklist – https://beatriton.ucsd.edu/apply/status to activate your UCSD email account. Note: your email account may take up to 48 hours to update in university systems. Check your UC San Diego email daily for important information.
- APPLY TO THE PATH SUMMER ACADEMY :
- Log-in to the Student Single Sign-on (SSO) with your new PID and password. If the drop-down on the side reads “Business Systems”, select “Active Directory” instead.
- Link to PATH Summer Academy 2023 application – here.
- Once on the Kuali Build (application program) dashboard, click on the PATH Summer Academy icon
- Answer all questions and click SUBMIT to complete the application, as soon as possible, and by the deadline on June 15, 2023. If you click save, your application will be in the draft stage. Not until you have clicked submit will your application be considered.
- The application includes the following questions:
- Which honors courses (if any) did you take at community college?
- Why did you decide to attend UC San Diego?
- How did you hear about the PATH program?
- Why are you interested in the PATH Summer Academy? What specific components interest you the most?
- Tell us a little about yourself and your transfer journey to UC San Diego?
- Please provide the name, title and email of a professor at your Community College that knows you well and can speak to your character. Please include 1-2 sentences explaining how you know this professor. This professor will serve as your reference.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I APPLY?
- PATH Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, up until the deadline of June 15, 2023.
- After students click SUBMIT on their application, they will receive an automated email that the application has been received, and program coordinators will receive notice a new application has been submitted.
- As the application deadline nears, PATH program coordinators begin reviewing applications, with extra consideration given to first-generation students and those in underrepresented populations.
- Students will receive an email notifying them of their acceptance or denial into the program, after the closure of the application on June 15, 2023.
- Students accepted in the program will need to click a link in the acceptance email to confirm their participation in the program.
- Once the confirmation link is clicked by accepted students intending to participate in the program, they will receive an automated email with a required checklist of tasks and forms to be completed. The checklist is fairly extensive and collects important information needed for program coordination.
- Program coordinators will communicate with accepted students via email in the weeks leading up to the PATH Summer Academy, to share important information and collect any needed materials.
- The program aims to accept up to 25 students, with the goal of having equal representation from each of the 3 SDCCD community colleges, (City, Mesa, and Miramar) when possible.
OFFICE FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
If you are a student with a disability (physical, chronic health, learning, mental health, ADHD, etc.) who may need accommodations in classrooms (lecture and/or examination), labs, housing and/or dining, recreational activities such as hiking, ropes, field sports, etc., please contact the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) at 858.534.4382 as soon as you become aware that the condition may impact your ability to participate in our programs.
Additional information may be found at https://disabilities.ucsd.edu/about/index.html.
Veteran/CalVet Education Benefits
If you are a Military Affiliated student receiving Federal Veteran Affairs (VA) or Cal Vet assistance during the summer and would like to request more information, please contact the Student Veteran Benefits Coordinator, Lisa Linares at (858) 534-0477 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please visit: https://students.ucsd.edu/finances/financial-aid/types/veterans/federal-benefits.html